Maintain Normal Blood Pressure is one of the biggest tasks among all those peoples who suffer from high blood pressure, hypertension and all heart-related problems.
In this article, we will talk everything about how to maintain normal blood pressure.
But first, let’s understand
Question. What is blood pressure?
- Simply blood pressure is the pressure of blood in body’s circulatory system. When the heart beats each time it pumps the blood to regulate in our body.
⇒ Blood pressure definition
- Blood basically travels against the sides of blood vessels in our body, so there is some pressure needed to continue the blood flow against the sides of blood vessels and that pressure is called blood pressure.
Basically, there are three type of blood pressure
- High blood pressure
- Normal blood pressure
- Low blood pressure
⇒ What is Normal Blood Pressure?
- Normal blood pressure is that pressure which as same pumped by the heart and remains same all the time.
⇒ Normal blood pressure range
- A healthy person’s blood pressure is measured in between 90/60mmHg and 120/80mmHg.
- Here mmHg means ‘millimeters of mercury’ which is the unit to measure blood pressure.
- The upper number is the highest level of blood pressure when heart beats and the lower number the lowest level of BP when your heart beats.
⇒ High Blood Pressure Definition or what is normal blood pressure?
- High blood pressure is also called hypertension. It is only because of the unhealthy lifestyle and bad habits life drinking, smoking and drug addiction.
- It is measured 140/90mmHg or higher.
⇒ High blood pressure symptoms
- Generally you there is no any common symptom of high blood pressure it can be identified only if you check your blood pressure regularly.
- It can increase your risk serious health conditions, such as heart disease and kidney disease the higher your blood pressure, the higher your risk of health problems.
⇒ Low Blood Pressure Definition
- Low blood pressure is less common compared to high blood pressure there are some medications that can cause low blood pressure as a side effect.
- Low blood pressure is considered to be lower than 90/60mmHg.
⇒ Side effects of not maintaining normal blood pressure
- If you do not maintain normal blood pressure for a long time then it will definitely affect your body in a much serious way.
- Like if you have high blood pressure issue and you continues to ignore it then your heart failure chances increase many times comparing to other normal persons.
- Exercise plays a huge role in maintaining normal blood pressure, if you work out enough or never do physical exercises then your body will defiantly not behave always same.
Image Source. Wikimedia
Maintain normal blood pressure by following these tips
- Exercise and Blood Pressure
Warning: If you have a BP related issue then it is highly advised to not to perform any heavy physical activity because it increases the chances of serious diseases.
- So to avoid that kind of situation you should follow a daily exercise routine so you will never face any of these issues.
- You can do various exercise like running, swimming, rope skipping kind of aerobic exercises to avoid BP problems.
- If you have already BP related issue then you should do daily walk for 20-30 with moderate speed. But never do any high-intensity workout.
⇒ Yoga for blood pressure
- Yoga is also a great way to maintain normal blood pressure, it’s easy and everybody can do it also it doesn’t require too much equipment.
- There are so many breathing exercises in yoga which helps to regulate the blood in blood vessels and therefore you never face any BP issue.
- There is various asana and stretching exercise in yoga helps to improve the blood flow which prevents all type of BP problems.
- Sun salutation is a great yoga exercise to prevent all the bp related issues.
Some of the exercises you can follow according to the video.
⇒ Blood pressure diet
- Diet and nutrition are the biggest keys to fixing any diseases. Same apply to BP problems also if you eat clean and well nutrition food then you can avoid so many BP problems.
In this article, I will also share diet and nutrition plan for BP patients meal by meal.
⇒ What causes high blood pressure?
- When the amount of sodium mineral is above the normal level in your body in that condition body faces abnormal blood pressure and hypertension
- So to control all these problems the very first thing you need in your diet/meal is very limited use of sodium.
- According to FDA recommendation for the normal person, a number of sodium needs in a day are 2.5 grams.
But if you have BP-related issues than your total sodium use should be in between 1500-2000mg in a day.
- One very important is that in this medical condition you have to not just control sodium use but also balance the level of potassium in your body.
- To proper maintaining the level of potassium level in the body you have to take the exact double amount of sodium that you consume in your diet.
Example- If your sodium requirement of a day is 2000mg then your total potassium consumption in the whole day should be 4000mg.
You can totally maintain normal blood pressure if you follow this diet program properly.
Some specification and overview of this diet program
- It is a completely vegan meal plan.
- This meal plan will also help you to lose some weight.
- In this meal program, our total consumption of sodium and potassium in a day will be
- Sodium= 1500-2000mg
- Potassium= 3500-4000mg
Meal Number-1 (8am- 9am)
Cereals (one cup) + One cup non-fat milk (half boiled milk)
- Cereals are amazing nutritional food; it contains all the vitamins and minerals that your body requires.
- But you should use no- flavored cereals and also make sure it does not contain sodium more than 140mg and sugar should be 0.
Meal Number-2 (10am-11am)
Any dry fruit or nuts (handful) + one apple orange/pear
- In the meal 2, we will take handful any dry fruit or nuts with one apple.
- You should know that nuts and seeds are the great sources of healthy fat like poly-unsaturated fat and mono- unsaturated fat.
- If you don’t like apples then you can consume one orange, pear etc. But the fruit should not contain sugar.
Also, Read. Diet Plan for Muscle Building.
Meal Number-3 (12pm-1pm)
Brown Rice + Vegetables
- Boil brown rice and cook it with vegetables, make sure you don’t overcook it and please don’t add salt or hot sauce thinking of flavor.
- You can use garlic powder and half cup tomato puree for taste.
- Add extra virgin olive oil as a topping.
Meal Number-4 (3pm-4pm)
1 cup non-fat milk tea + 4-5 biscuits (sugar-free biscuits)
- You can take tea once in a day but it should be low in sugar and also biscuits should be the whole grain biscuits.
- You should not should refined wheat biscuits because it has no any nutritional thing.
- If you don’t like to eat biscuits then you can use any seasonal fruit.
Also, Read. Diet Plan to lose weight.
Meal Number-5 (6pm-7pm)
Dinner: Mixed Lentils and Brown Rice
Preparation Method: Don’t fry the lentils on the pan because lentils lost their nutrition values if we overcook them on high heat.
- You can use a pressure cooker to steam lentils or cook lentils.
- And brown rice is great complex carbohydrates and it also doesn’t spike your blood sugar which is great for you.
- If you don’t want to use brown rice then you can use quinoa or oats instead of brown rice.
So, guys, this was the meal plan for high blood pressure patients if you can follow this honestly then I am sure you can maintain normal blood pressure.
Other alternate treatment for high blood pressure
- There is also some great alternate treatment for high blood pressure like home remedies and ayurvedic treatment.
Let’s talk about them in detail
⇒ Ayurvedic treatment for high blood pressure:
In Ayurveda, there are various methods to fix high blood pressure some of them are
- Jet bathing with both hot and cold water.
- 45 minutes of Shirodhara.
- Foot bath of both hot and cold water is a great way to reduce BP problems.
- Cold water cloth on the spinal cord is also great treatment.
⇒ Home remedies for blood pressure related problems
- If you follow these home remedies then you can surely maintain normal blood pressure.
Some home remedies for blood pressure
- Clove ¼ spoons + boiled water (empty stomach) first thing in the morning.
- Simple lemon water or any detox drink early morning with empty stomach Chewing basil leaves with boiled water also help a lot.
- Use jaggery instead of sugar in your diet because jaggery has a lot of nutrition elements.
- Nonfat yogurt is great to have in BP-related issues because it has calcium, potassium in large amount which helps your body to balance the level of sodium and potassium.
So these are some home remedies for blood pressure.
Some other important things to maintain normal blood pressure
- Precaution is the best treatment, the same thing also applies here you will never get all these issues if you follow right things. Example
- Eat a healthy diet
- Reduce sodium and increase potassium amount in your diet
- Limit the amount of alcohol you drink
- Quit Smoking
- Keep your mind stress free
- Monitor your blood pressure at home and see your doctor regularly
- Follow a daily workout schedule
So, guys, this was all I wanted to share with you about blood pressure and maintain normal blood pressure if you want to ask me any question feel free to ask via comments.