Knee joint pain relief exercises can be really helpful for people those are continues facing the knee pain issue.
In this article are going to discuss in detail everything about knee joint problems and their non-surgical solutions.
In this article we are going to discuss
- Knee problems
- Joint pain
- Reasons for joint pain
- What is osteoarthritis?
- Effect of Osteoarthritis on knee
- What is the difference between osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis?
- Muscle and joint pain relation
- Exercises for knee pain
- Yoga for knee pain
- Knee pain home remedies
- Diet and nutrition to keep joints healthy
- Ayurvedic treatment for knee pain
- Ayurvedic medicine for knee pain
Let’s start with Knee problems.
- The human knee joint is a hinge joint. A hinge joint is a combination of two or more bones which can only move in one direction or axis.
So having an injury in knee or pain in knee joint really hurt your daily lifestyle.
⇒Common knee problems found in peoples are
- Ligament injury
- Muscle and tendon injury
- Damaged articular cartilage or less fluid between joint surface. Cartilage holds the lubricant that smoothes the surface between joints and bones.
⇒Less cartilage or damage cartilage is responsible for knee transplant.
These are the main knee related problems found in peoples. All these things are responsible knee problems or pain in the knee or Joint pain.
- How to diagnose injury in knee or knee pain diagnosis?
There are few methods that can help you to diagnose the knee related issue in the early stage of knee joint problem.
⇒Knee problem symptoms or knee issue symptoms are
- Decrease in muscle mass
- Problem in body balancing and co-ordination
⇒Steps to identify fracture in the knee:
- Continue pain in knee
- Heavy swelling and unusual walking
- Problem to even standing on both legs
- X-ray is the easiest way to diagnose fracture in the knee.
⇒Ligament injury found in the knee
- ACL (anterior cruciate ligament) Injury
- PCL (Posterior Cruciate Ligament) Injury
- Meniscus tear (side ligaments) injury
⇒Symptoms of ligament injury
- Pain in knee movement
- Lack of control or feeling loose in joints
- Not able to climb stairs
- Partial dislocation in knee
⇒Damaged knee tendon injury
- Knee tendon connects muscle to the bones and responsible for attaching a muscle to a bone.
- Tendon injury in the knee can be diagnosed through these symptoms.
- The damaged muscle around the knee is the main reason of tendon injury in the knee.
- Heavy pain in knee and not able to move knee a little bit.
- Too much swelling and redness in the knee.
⇒Reasons for joint pain or knee problems
There can be so many reasons for knee problems.
- An accidental injury
- Cartilage issue
- Lack of physical activity
- Nutrition deficiency like vitamin d and calcium deficiency
- Side effects of drugs or supplements
- Unhealthy lifestyle
So these are the main reasons for knee problems.
Mostly knee problems found in the senior person who is older than 50 years old is osteoarthritis.
Let’s talk about what is osteoarthritis?
- Osteoarthritis is the most common joint and bone problem among the peoples who are over 50 years old. In fact, in these days osteoarthritis is also seen in younger person.
- When your knee joint is affected by osteoarthritis, your knee starts hurting you and you initially can’t do anything with your knee.
⇒ Effects of osteoarthritis on knee:
- When your knee is affected by osteoarthritis or you start getting pain and uncomforted with your knee.
- Cartilage of knee damaged because of osteoarthritis.
- Fluid in between the knee joint bones also decreases.
- The overall structure of knee structure imbalanced because of cartilage loss.
- Bones become weaker and there are high chances of fracture in the knee.
Many people misunderstood that osteoarthritis is same as rheumatoid arthritis.
Question: what is the difference between osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis?
Answer. Osteoarthritis is caused by a tear in the internal structure of joint where rheumatoid arthritis is caused by body’s own immune system cells which affect behind of joints.
So, we can say that rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease.
- So guys here we talked about knee problems and their types now let’s talk about
Knee joint pain relief exercises and remedies
Some knee joint pain relief exercises that can really help you to prevent serious knee issues are
1. Squats: squats are an amazing exercise for strengthening your legs muscles. You can do this with the weight or without the weight (if you are a beginner).
- It works on your quads muscles which are the front part of your legs and helps to extend your knees.
2. Lunges: Lunges are also a great workout for your hamstring and quads muscle.
- But it is very important to follow this exercise the right way.
3. Step Up: If you have a knee issue than this knee joint pain relief exercises can really help you.
- You need just a bench/box to perform this exercise.
Benefits of these knee joint pain relief exercises
- We can prevent knee joint and various bones and joint related issues if follow a daily workout routine.
- When we train our muscles that workout improves the strength of our muscles and that extra strength and endurance reduces the load from ligaments and tendons.
- As a resulting knee, joint pain relief exercises reduce the chances of the knee injury and other knee problems.
- If you don’t have access to a gym or you can’t do these exercises then the following yoga knee joint pain relief exercises defiantly help you.
⇒ Important yoga exercises to reduce knee pain and to prevent knee injury are
- Tadasana. Tadasana is simple but effective yoga practice for your body.
- It’s a standing posture, so you need to follow this posture as in the below video.
⇒ Benefits of tadasana
- This asana helps to decrease your knee pain and ankle problems.
- Helps to increase height and flexibility of body
- Also if you do it regularly it helps to maintain your body posture and digestion system.
2. Janusirsasana: Janusirsasana is also a good yoga pose for your legs and lower back muscles.
- Yoga pose Janusirsasana Benefits: it keeps your knees, back, lower back and legs muscle flexible that keeps good blood flow.
- Stomach and liver function capacity also improve by doing this asana.
Another yoga knee joint pain relief exercises that you can follow.
- You can follow the instructions as given in this video for knee joint pain relief exercises.
Home remedies for knee pain.
- If you have intense pain in your knee and you can’t go anywhere else then these home remedies will really help you to decrease your knee problems.
1. Boil salt water treatment. This is one of the awesome knee pain home remedies and it works very quickly.
- All you have to do that boil 1 liter of water and put 3-4 spoons of salt in that boil water.
Warning– Do not overheat water otherwise it will affect your skin.
- Try to keep your knees at least 30 seconds in water. Repeat this at least 5-10 times.
Benefits of this therapy: this therapy is not only great for knees or joints but it also has various benefits which are.
a. Stress. Bathing in salt water improves the blood circulation. Good blood circulation helps the brain to function more effectively.
Also, Read. Ultimate working stress management techniques.
b. Muscle swelling. Hot water treatment is really great for reducing muscle swelling or muscle pain.
- It relaxes your muscle and reduces pain.
c. Skincare. Salt water has many minerals which can really help you to grow fairness of your skin.
- This method removes the dead cell from your skin and improves the shine of your skin.
2. Ginger and cinnamon. Add ginger and cinnamon in your diet. These ingredients are the natural pain killer and it helps to reduce inflammation of joint or knee pain.
3. R.I.C.E. Method. R.I.C.E. stands for
- It means when you got any injury, you should follow these steps to recover fast from that injury.
- When you got an injury you should rest and apply icing to that part and also use a good bandage to wrap up that injured part.
- Elevation means to keep that part at a high place and doesn’t move it too much or don’t elevate it.
⇒ Diet and nutrition for improving knee joint or any other joint health.
- The most important thing other than knee joint pain relief exercises to keep knees fit is your diet and nutrition.
- It is widely known fact is that proper balanced diet and nutrition helps you to maintain your body health and conditioning.
- If you are not taking nutrients in enough amounts that are important for body growth then your body’s efficiency is affected somehow.
Here I will share with you some tips about food that helps to maintain your joints and bones healthy.
1. Vitamin d and calcium. Vitamin D and calcium are the most important nutrients to keep your bones and joints healthy.
- You can use calcium and vitamin D supplement to keep your bones and joints healthy.
- Sunlight is the best way to get vitamin D and best sources of calcium are yogurt, milk and other milk product.
2. Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 is one of the best fat types and it is very important for your heart, internal organ and bones and joints as well.
- It maintains the lubricant between the joints and the fluid also.
- It is found in chia seeds, almonds, peanuts, fish, flax seeds and other dry fruits as well etc.
Common things to prevent knee and joints problems other than knee joint pain relief exercises:
1. Body weight. Our knees hold the total body weight so over body weight can really put too much pressure on knees.
- So keeping body weight normal is also good for your knees.
2. Right Posture. Keeping your body posture right also helps to maintain good joint-bone health.
- If you don’t sit the right way or bend too much your knee that is also affects your knee.
- It is very important to keep your body posture right all the time so your knee joint will not affect or hurt anymore.
Conclusion: so guys this is all I wanted to share with you about the complete guide of knee pain/knee problems and knee joint pain relief exercises.
If you are having an issue related to knee problems or knee joint pain relief exercises please feel free to ask me.