Food intolerance is more common than food allergy. Many of the people are suffering from food intolerance but they don’t realize that.
Food intolerance is a term used widely for varied physiological responses associated with a particular food.
If I explain It In simple words food intolerance means the individual elements of certain foods that cannot be properly processed and absorbed by our digestive system.
Some person can tolerate a reasonable amount of the food but if they eat too much or too often they get symptoms of food intolerance.
Because their body cannot tolerate or their body can’t resist too much amount of that food that their body is tolerating it.
Food intolerance definition:
If I have to explain intolerance to food in one line then I will say that “If my body can’t digest some specific food then I have an intolerance to that food”.
- Intolerance to food comes on gradually not frequently.
- But It’s not life threatening. You can manage it in some specific ways.
Question.Is there any test available for checking intolerance to food?
Answer. Unfortunately, there is not test available to test intolerance to some specific food. You have to check yourself.
If you are uncomfortable with some specific kind of food then try to stop eating it for few days.
What are the Reasons of intolerance to some specific kind of food?
There are many that can be the reason for intolerance to food. Mostly it is caused by part or complete absence of activity of the enzymes responsible for breaking down or absorbing the food elements.
- These deficiencies are usually innate.
- Sometimes it can be diet related or can be due to illness or another health issue.
- Side effects of extremely low-calorie diet for weight loss(pitfalls of dieting).
- What Is A balanced Diet And How It Looks Like-Complete Detail?
What are the Symptoms of food intolerance?
There are many symptoms of intolerance in which few of them are
- Stomach pain
- Nervousness etc.
How to manage food intolerance?
If someone is facing intolerance to a specific food then he/she can try minor changes of diet to exclude that food that causing reactions.
- Diet can be managed adequately in such a way without the need for professional assistance.
- You should seek expert medical help when you are not able to know the food that causing the problem to you.
- Guidance can also be provided by your general practitioner to assist in diagnosis and management.
- For managing food intolerance fructose intolerance therapy, lactose therapy and histamine intolerance therapy can be applied.
- You can take food in a small amount after the therapy. But make sure that the symptoms do not come again.
- So take only in that amount in which that food do not affect your body or symptoms do not come on your body.
Many people think that food intolerance and food allergies both are the same things. But it’s not true both are the different things.
- What Is The Meaning Of Nutrition And Diet?
- Top 10 Biggest Food and Nutrition myths that you need to Bust them all.
Let’s understand both things in detail:
What are the differences between food allergies and food intolerance?
Basically, food allergies are your body’s immune system’s reaction to protect you from the food that your body can’t digest.
- Like if you have allergies to eggs and you take one or two serving of eggs then you may feel rash, itching.
- So this is the symptoms of food allergies (these symptoms usually come on rapidly)
- Food allergies can be a serious issue for your health.
- In food intolerance, your body doesn’t involve your immune system to protect from that food.
- Food intolerance symptoms caused by food that comes slowly on your body.
- It will be a not as serious issue as food allergies.
Conclusion. I hope you got the information that looking for. Food intolerance will not be serious if you get aware of it. But if still careless of this it may be serious for your health.