Desi ghee health benefits are in huge number if it is used in a decent way and properly. From a long time, it is a controversial subject that desi ghee or cow’s ghee makes you unhealthy.
Some time ago doctors and dieticians not recommend you ghee in your diet. But the recent trend shows that the actors and famous celebrities are using desi ghee in their diet.
- In this article, we are going to learn everything about desi ghee health benefits, disadvantages, precautions.
But first, let’s understand what Desi Ghee Is?
Well, the desi ghee is used to call clarified butter in India or by Indians. It is basically a milk product milk product; it is separated from butter by boiling it.
As we all know that there are three main types of fat in food
1. Saturated Fat
2. Monounsaturated fat
3. Polyunsaturated fat
The type of fat found in desi ghee is saturated fat. Yes, saturated fat is not a good fat for your body but still, you need 15% saturated fat from your daily fat requirement.
Saturated fat is important for maintaining testosterone level in your body. Testosterone is really important for your body functions.
Desi ghee health benefits are in huge number if you take or use it in moderate quantity. Even now day’s doctors and dieticians are also recommending using it in moderate quantity.
How ghee is made?
Basically, ghee (clarified butter) is a milk product and it is made by using butter.
- Raw butter is used to make ghee or clarified butter.
- Firstly raw butter is boiled at normal temperature for 10-12 minutes. Then the clarified butter which looks light yellow color is separated from that mixture.
Nutritional value of ghee:
- Ghee is a prime source of fat and the fat found in ghee is saturated fat. The vitamin found in ghee is vitamin A, B, and vitamin K.
- Desi Ghee contains so many antioxidants that help your immune system. So desi ghee health benefits are in huge number.
100 grams of Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 876 calories,
- 100% fat
- 0% carbohydrate
- 0% protein
Myths about Desi Ghee:
- Ghee Make you look fat. This is one of the biggest myths among so many peoples. Ghee or Clarified Butter does not make you fat.
- In fact, any kind of fat does not make you fat until you start overeating and not doing workouts doing workouts.
- There are so many desi ghee health benefits if you use it in moderate quantity.
2. Heart Diseases: This is also one of the myths that desi ghee has a negative effect on your heart.
- It has lots of vitamins and antioxidants that keep you healthy. Yes, the saturated fat found in the ghee but it’s not like the Trans fat.
- If you have already cholesterol issue than it is advised to avoid desi ghee and for normal cholesterol level persons can use ghee in moderate quantity.
- It is a good source of fat and if you use it in the proper way and moderate quantity it will defiantly make you healthy.
3. Knee health: This is also one of the myths among the peoples who use ghee. It is not yet proved that knee helps to main smoothen between your knees joint.
- Well, the surfaces in between the joints and knees are cartilage. Cartilage holds the lubricant that smoothes the surface between joints.
- Cartilage is made of protein, bones have the outer surface made of protein, prosperous, and calcium.
- So there is no relation between using ghee and knee health.
Desi ghee health benefits:
There are so many health benefits of using ghee in your diet. One of the most effective benefits of using desi ghee is
1. Prevention of Cancer: Prevention of cancer is one of the best desi ghee health benefits.
- Clarified Butter has great anti-cancer properties because of the anti-oxidants presented in it.
- According to the national dairy research institute enzymes presented in cow’s ghee detoxify the cancer cells.
- So this property of desi ghee makes it anti-cancer.
2. Reduces infertility: The saturated fat available in ghee helps to prevent infertility problems, as we know that saturated fat helps to boost testosterone level
- So the increased level of testosterone prevents infertility problems.
- That’s how ghee prevents this problem.
3. Cure Various Skin Diseases. In Ayurveda, it is well explained that using ghee for skin care is great practice.
- Skin diseases like eczema allergy can be easily cured if we use ghee for skin care.So this is also desi ghee health benefits.
Other Various desi ghee health benefits are:
- Using ghee in the diet improves completion.
- It helps to improve brain memory.
- Various kidney issues can be solved if we use ghee.
- It smoothes your inner throat and that helps to improve your voice.
- It increases the level of HDL in your body and decreases the LDL level.
- Desi ghee is a complete food, vitamin A available in ghee improves your eye capacity and calcium makes your bones stronger.
How to use ghee?
- Use it with brown bread or with oats.
- Ghee with mix vegetables tastes really great.
Who should not use ghee?
- Peoples who are suffering from heart diseases, diabetes, high cholesterol problem, high blood pressure problems.
- Also, the person who is overweight should not use ghee.
How much ghee can we use at one time?
- That really thinks it is very important to use ghee in the proper way. There are so many desi ghee health benefits if you use it the right way.
- If you are an underweight person then you can use it 20-25 grams in a day. For normal weight person using 10-15 grams of ghee is safe.
Precautions for using ghee:
- Ghee has so many health benefits that don’t mean you can use it whatever quantity as you want.
If you will overuse it thinking of extra muscle gain or extra vitamin then if will definitely affect your body health.
- Don’t overheat it on the pan because ghee looses its nutrition’s when it’s overheated.
Conclusion: In the end guys I just want to say ghee is great nutritional food. It helps to keep you healthy in many ways but should be used in proper way.
There are so many desi ghee health benefits if you use in moderation otherwise too much of anything is bad.