Control diabetes without medicine treatment is sounded impossible for persons who are suffering from diabetes.
In this article, we are going to learn all the method which will really help you to cure and control diabetes without medicine.
If you have diabetes or sugar related issue then this article is just for you.
Diabetes is one of the biggest diseases among the people who are older than 40 years old. But now in these days, diabetes is seen among the 25 to 35 years old young persons.
This thing shows that how badly our society is affected by this disease.
Peoples usually ignore their bad habits of eating and not exercising later on they face various diseases including diabetes and take medicines to cure that disease.
So, if you don’t want to be patient with diabetes and don’t want to take long medicines courses then you must follow the things that I will share with you in this article.
But before that let’s understand about diabetes in details
⇒ So, what is diabetes?
It is a disease in which body’s ability to produce insulin hormone decreased or affected. As a result, body faces a high increased level of sugar in the body and abnormal metabolism.
Which results in increased weight and obesity, in diabetes your blood sugar levels is increased extremely above its normal level.
⇒ What is Insulin?
Insulin is a hormone that helps to your body to use blood sugar known as glucose for energy.
- Your body takes the food you eat and breaks down fat, protein, and carbohydrate for energy. While your body digests the food the carbohydrates broken down into glucose.
- Then the glucose is absorbed into the blood stream and where it carried to blood cells in your body.
Images Source. Wikimedia
Insulin helps your cells to absorb the glucose presented in blood allowing it to use as energy. A healthy person’s pancreas regularly supplies insulin into your blood stream.
- When you eat food then your blood sugar level rises and your pancreas responses by releasing more insulin to move the glucose into your cells.
Insulin is the key that opens your cells to absorb glucose for energy.
⇒ Symptoms of Over Level of Blood Sugar Level
Diabetes type 2 is a condition in which the body doesn’t make enough insulin. This can cause high blood sugar and symptoms such as
If you feel dizzy or too hot or too cold for the even short amount of time then it is a sign of low blood sugar level. If your blood sugar level drops extremely low then you may lose consciousness.
⇒ Normal blood sugar range of a healthy person.
The normal blood sugar range for diabetes, as determined by the American Diabetes Association, is between 70 and 130 mg/dl before meals and less than 180 mg/dl a few hours after you began eating.
- You can use a blood sugar monitor to check your glucose levels and adjust your diet accordingly.
⇒ Now let’s talk about the reasons of diabetes
⇒ What causes diabetes?
The primary reason of diabetes is over the level of sugar in the body and you don’t exercise to burn that sugar and over calories.
- When you are consuming too much food which has too many calories of sugar and doesn’t have fiber and other nutrients with it that cause you diabetes.
- This sugar can be any type of sugar it may be artificial sugar or synthetic sugar.
- Over consumption of these food spikes your insulin too much hence because of insulin resistance you get diabetes.
Now as time passing day by day this disease is getting worse.
Question– Is diabetes is a genetic disease?
Answer. Yes, If you have diabetes then it is sure that your child is going to have same diabetes. so it is better to cure this disease to prevent this.
- Earlier this disease only found in the old generation of people but now it also is seen among the younger persons.
- If you have diabetes in your younger days then there is very high chance that your children will also get this disease.
- It means that diabetes is also genetically transferred to your kids.
- Using medicine is not the right way to cure and control diabetes.
If you want to cure and completely control diabetes without medicine then workout and nutrition is the only way to control diabetes without medicine.
⇒ Types of Diabetes
There are basically three types of diabetes in which 2 of them considered dangerous.
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gestational diabetes
⇒ Let’s understand about these types in detail:
⇒ Type 1 Diabetes: Type 1 diabetes is a condition in which pancreas produces very little or no insulin at all.
- As a patient of type 1 diabetes, it is very important to monitor and maintain healthy blood sugar level in your body.
⇒ Type 2 Diabetes: In type 2 diabetes pancreas does not produce insulin or produce insulin in very little amount.
- Not only is that but your body also resistant to the insulin produced in your body.
- In diabetes type 2, your body either resists the effects of insulin or doesn’t produce enough insulin to maintain a normal glucose level.
- More common in adults, diabetes type 2 increasingly affects children as childhood obesity increase.
- You may be able to manage the condition and control it by eating well, exercising and maintaining a healthy weight.
⇒ If you follow that then you can control diabetes without medicine treatment.
If your diet is ordinary to manage your blood sugar well and you don’t exercise then you have to need diabetes medications or insulin therapy.
Question. How many calories are safe in diabetes type 2?
Answer. If you are a patient of type 2 diabetes and also you are overweight then right food and nutrition is the only way that can help you to not only lose weight but also control diabetes without medicine.
- If you are male diabetes patient then you should take 1400 to 1800 calories per day and if you are female diabetes patient then you should take 1200 to 1600 calories per day.
- If you take that much amount of calories per day then it will not affect your blood sugar level.
Question. What to do when you are an obese person and you have diabetes?
Answer. When you are an obese person or overweight person and also you want to control diabetes without medicine then it really hard to do both things.
- The combination of both diabetes and obesity is called diabesity.
- 60% people among all the obese peoples have diabetes so having diabesity is really dangerous for you.
- You can’t control your diabetes until you control your obesity, after managing obesity it will become very easy to control diabetes.
Also, Read. How To Lose Lower Belly Fat (Step By Step Guide)?
⇒ But let me tell you that it is possible if you follow strict diet/meal program and regular exercise.
As you see in this figure that how over-consumption of food increases the blood sugar level and how insulin and glycogen work together.
- It can be controlled, but you have to follow fixed diet plan according to your calorie requirement.
⇒ If you lose weight in diabetes conditions then it will be very easy for you to control diabetes.
Tips to control diabetes without medicine
⇒ Low- Sugar Diet
- When someone with diabetes has low blood sugar, a spoonful of honey can raise glucose levels.
- However, sugar is often considered the nemesis of diabetes because of how quickly it can spike blood glucose levels.
- If you have diabetes, you should closely monitor your sugar consumption especially refined sugar and other forms of the simple carbohydrates.
In addition to low-sugar foods, you should also eat low-fat foods and a well-balanced diet.
⇒ Low-Fat Diet
Foods that are high in sodium, saturated fats, cholesterol and Trans fat can elevate your risk of heart disease and stroke.
- However, that doesn’t mean that you have to avoid all fats. Food rich in good fats like monounsaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats can help to lower cholesterol levels.
- Try replacing refined oil with olive oil, and nuts are also good sources of this nutrient.
⇒ Fruit and vegetables
- Balancing carbohydrate, fats and sugars are integral to a diabetes-friendly diet. While processed and refined carbohydrates are bad for you.
- Whole grains and dietary fiber (good carbohydrate) are beneficial in many ways. Whole grains are rich in fiber and beneficial vitamins and minerals.
Dietary fiber helps with digestive health and helps you feel more satisfied after eating.
⇒ Food to Eat
- Leafy green vegetables & lettuce
- All nuts (peanuts, almonds, cashews, walnuts etc)
- Whole grains (brown rice, whole wheat bread, oats, quinoa, millet, etc)
- All seeds (flax seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, etc)
Also, Read. What are the non-nutritive components of diet?
⇒ Low-fat dairy products and
- Beans, peas
- Fresh low-sugar fruits (blueberries, blackberries, cranberries, pears, melon, grapefruit, apple)
- Fruits to Avoid
Also, Read. Does Whey Protein Powder Harm your Kidney?
⇒ Complex Carbohydrates (Starches)
- Starches are another type of food your body converts into blood glucose. They not only provide a source of energy but also vitamins, minerals, and fiber.
- Whole grain starches are the healthiest because they maximize nutrition and break down into the bloodstream slowly.
- You should consume at least one serving of starch at every meal.
Also, Read. Diet plan for athletes (meal by meal)
Question. Which complex carbohydrates you should eat and which you should avoid?
⇒ What To Eat
- Whole grain bread
- Pasta Whole Grain
- Cereal Whole Grain
- Brown Rice
- Sweet Potato
Also, Read. Top 5 Protein Supplements Available In Market.
⇒ What To Avoid
- Potato chips
- Packaged snacks
- Candy bars
- White rice
- White bread
- Refined flour
- White potato
- Soft drinks
- Packed juices
- Sweets and chocolates
⇒ When to eat. If you have diabetes, you should eat smaller meals throughout the day to avoid unnecessary spikes in your blood glucose level.
- However, your body requires more sugars and carbohydrates during exercise, so eat before and after a workout.
Also, Read. diet plan to lose lower belly fat
Diet plan for diabetes patients to control diabetes without medicine
⇒ Meal 1 (8 am- 9 am) Breakfast
½ Cup cooked oatmeal + 1 apple + 10 to 15 almonds
- You can use banana if you don’t like apples
- Also, you can add ½ spoon organic honey to oatmeal because in morning your insulin level is low because of 7-8 hour sleep, you have not eaten anything.
- Add some cinnamon because it controls your blood sugar level.
- Use water to cook oatmeal and don’t overcook it.
- Almonds have a healthy source of fat and fiber also, so you don’t feel hungry.
⇒ Meal 2 (10-12pm) Snack
Scrambled Eggs & Toast
1 whole egg+ 1 Egg white+ 1 whole wheat bread+ 1 cup melon
1 cup cherries+ 1 Pear
- The second meal usually a light meal contains all the essential nutrients like protein and fat from eggs and carb from bread and vitamins from melon and cherries.
⇒ Meal 3 (1-3pm) Lunch
Green veggies and Tofu
60-80 grams Tofu with two cup green vegetables (Half boiled vegetables)
- Peas, Bell Pepper, Tomato, Ginger, Onions, Carrot, Spinach etc. Add any of these veggies in your diet/meal.
- Green leafy vegetables have enough amount of vitamins and minerals that will help you control side effects of diabetes.
- Also, these vegetables have the great amount of fiber that will help you to maintain normal blood pressure and blood sugar level.
⇒ Meal 4 (4-5pm) Evening Snack
Low-fat milk tea with low sugar OR Black coffee without sugar
+ ½ cup black chickpeas
⇒ Meal 5 (7-9pm) Dinner
1 bowl homemade tomato soup + 2 boiled egg whites
Bean Bowl same as lunch
- Don’t add too much salt or any hot sauce to make soup tastier.
- Vegetables should be cooked on low-medium heat.
- Use only olive oil or coconut oil to cook vegetables and don’t overheat the non-sticky pan.
So, guys, this was my diet/nutrition plan to control diabetes without medicine.
⇒ Common questions asked about food for diabetics and diabetes myths:
Myth 1– Diabetic patients can’t eat fruits.
Truth– No, you can eat fruits but you have to make sure that the fruit you eat should not be high in sugar and also it has some fiber in it.
So, your insulin level remains almost same all the time.
Myth 2– You should not workout in diabetes.
Truth– That’s absolutely a myth, there is nothing as that workout in diabetes makes you unhealthy or harms your body.
- In fact, if you follow regular workout routine in diabetes condition it helps to burn the sugar contained in your body that will help you to control diabetes without medicine.
Myth 3– Don’t consume any fat in diabetes.
Truth– fat has the maximum amount of calories as compared to carbohydrate and protein. But it doesn’t mean that you should not consume fat.
- You can use fat but the source of fat should be clean and organic not bad source of fat.
- Use almonds, walnuts, extra virgin olive oil because they have a great amount of healthy fat and fiber that will surely help you to control your body weight and maintain healthy blood pressure level.
⇒ Some yoga exercise routine to control diabetes without medicine
- Yoga is a great workout it doesn’t require too many things all you need is yoga met that’s all.
Also, Read. How To Do Sun Salutation(Surya Namaskar)?
Follow the below yoga exercise and it will defiantly help you to burn calories and controlling diabetes.
Important Note– If your diabetes condition is really serious then I highly recommend you to consult your doctor first before following this guide.
Because In serious conditions the doctor may advise you to take medicines.
So guys, in the end, this was all I want to share with you about diabetes, if you follow this guide properly then I am sure you will definitely control diabetes without medicine.